Monday, November 11, 2019

"ELMIRA WATER WOES: THE TRIUMPH OF..." IS NOW ON A SECOND WEBSITE




The Cambridge Advocate (www.cambridgeadvocate.com) has picked up my book and has it on its website in its entirety. By this I mean they have posted the full Title, a brief few flattering comments, the Table of Contents for Chapter 1 and then the entire text of Chapter 1 followed by the Endnotes for the chapter. For the uninitiated, endnotes are simply footnotes that instead of being placed at the bottom of the page where they occur are instead put all together at the end of the chapter. Following all of this are the links to each individual chapter which I had posted on my Waterloo Region Advocate blog starting at chapter 2 and finishing at chapter 27.

The Cambridge Advocate can be accessed via Google, via the above mentioned web address, or via the link on the right side of this page that I have had in place for nearly the last decade. I am appreciative that the Cambridge Advocate have posted my book for a number of reasons. Firstly any broadening of the base of readership is a very good idea. The purpose of my spending two and a half years on this project was to document the truth, as ugly as it may be. Secondly it is important that citizens, young or old, new or old, learn that our governments have lost their way. Some tasks they do very well, others in a mediocre fashion, and in my opinion when it comes to puffery, self-aggrandizement, and covering up their failures, they are world class. The third reason that I am appreciative of the Cambridge Advocate is that their format is much easier to see and access than mine. Basically the way I posted my book on the Waterloo Region Advocate was chapter 1 first on September 15/19, followed with a separate posting for each chapter, ending at chapter 27 on October 12/19. Therefore one needs to access my Waterloo Region Advocate (www.waterlooregionadvocate.blogspot.com) archives and scroll backwards to get to chapter 1 etc.

I understand that politicians and governments can not take on, much less resolve all our problems, but I do not understand their incessant need to pretend to be able to do so much more than they actually can. I can not understand, abide, nor tolerate blatant obfuscation from our elected governments at any level. I would far prefer that they admit that certain matters are out of their control or simply are too big for them to successfully tackle. My book may not be an easy read for some. It documents and as much as possible presents evidence, testimony, and even professional opinion as to the truth and how far from it our authorities have strayed in regards to the Elmira Water Crisis of November 1989.

No comments:

Post a Comment