Wednesday, September 25, 2019

"F... KEITH SOLOMON"



Please excuse the rather peculiar and presumably unclear title above. While I have it in quotation marks, the actual quote has the rest of the letters for the first word included. This is part of the recent interesting comment (unpublished to date) that I referred to yesterday here in this blog. I of course Googled Keith Solomon. There are lots of them however the one who jumped out at me is a Dr. Keith Solomon from the University of Guelph. He is a toxicologist. I absolutely do not know if this is the Keith Solomon mentioned in the recent comment (still unpublished) I received three days ago. I do know that there is an on-line interview with Dr. Solomon in which he answers questions related to the herbicide 2,4-D. I must admit that I found Dr. Solomon's answers less than convincing especially the claim that there have been no recent or otherwise studies showing any health effects from exposure to 2,4-D. Also Dr. Solomon suggests that the reducing factor of 100 is acceptable when correlating toxicity studies with rats, mice etc. with human beings. I find that much less than convincing. So maybe this is the Keith Solomon mentioned in the comment I received. Just don't know.

Yesterday I promised/threatened to mention some environmental observations from Vancouver. This city I am told is the third largest in Canada. The air smells good and the surface fresh water appears good and even sea water looks good until you get into boat traffic areas in a couple of inlets. Then it appears somewhat as you would expect.

What really impressed me were car rental services such as EVO and Car To Go. They are absolutely incredible and my daughter and son-in-law use them regularly and despite good incomes do not feel the need to purchase their own car. The service is incredible with on-line Apps letting you know where these cars are parked (all over the city) allowing you to immediately reserve the one you want. Then you go about your business or errand and simply leave the car in an EVO parking space (all over the city) for use by the next person. Truly an incredible idea and business venture. Well done Vancouver and entrepreneurs!

2 comments:

  1. Is this guy threatening you? You should post the comment and let us see it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not a threat. However what he /she has written may not be accurate. Let's just leave it as being very interesting and potentially helpful if they wish to get back to me.

    ReplyDelete