Tuesday, September 17, 2019

CLARIFICATIONS FOR ON-LINE READERS OF THE "ELMIRA WATER WOES: THE TRIUMPH OF CORRUPTION, DECEIT, AND CITIZEN BETRAYAL"




First of all a reminder: My book is on my Waterloo Region Advocate blog located at www.waterlooregionadvocate.blogspot.com . One can also Google that blog/website to find my book.

Yesterday I advised that my book included text (lots of it) as well as cartoons, quotes from citizens, newspapers, a Table of Contents as well as footnotes/endnotes. As of this moment the first three chapters are now on-line. As stated yesterday because of the nature of the blog (i.e. Blogspot.Com) the book will appear on your computer screen in reverse order. Hence possibly tomorrow (or not) Chapter 4 will appear. I am then taking a few days off including the weekend. My plan is to get back to posting a new chapter each day next week (midweek).

The mechanics of posting on-line onto my Blogspot blog are onerous albeit do able. By that I mean page numbers! They don't remotely match with my manuscript which was typed double spaced for the benefit of my editors. Also my blog prints only on the left side of the page which you may have noticed. If this is adjustable I sure as heck don't know how and doubt is possible. Hence for my Table of Contents I am redoing the page numbers chapter by chapter to get them to match with the downloaded/printed version of my book from the Waterloo Region Advocate.

The other problem is in regards to the footnotes/endnotes. The number of the footnote found at the end of a quote or reference thank goodness is accurate throughout. It then accurately matches the footnote number indicated at the end of each chapter in the Endnotes. The only issue for me is the format again courtesy of Blogspot. The Endnotes are not quite as neat as I would like them however they are quite legible.

A paragraph or two back I mentioned the "downloaded/printed version" of my book. If readers prefer reading a book on-line as I upload it then have at it. If you prefer a hard copy then you have two choices. Firstly you can wait for the possible formally published version of my book. I have absolutely no idea right now as to when (or even if) that will be. Secondly you can readily and easily print off each copy via your own printer as it is uploaded. That timing I can at least advise is both right now and ongoing.

No comments:

Post a Comment