Monday, November 14, 2016

JANUARY 25/17 WE FIND OUT IF THE CROWN WILL PROCEED WITH CHARGES AGAINST COUNCILLOR HAHN



First point of interest for me was the statement both in a prior to court meeting with the out of town Prosecutor and then in court itself that this new Prosecutor in this case is a conflict of interest Prosecutor. I was advised that anytime a local politician is charged with an offence it goes to an out of town Prosecutor. I am somewhat surprised by this. Secondly I have been promised that there will be no more adjournments; that the Prosecutor (Mr. Carnegie) will advise the court on January 25/17, 9 am. whether or not his office is prepared to proceed on the Election Act charges or not. This is good news I believe for all concerned.

For a person who has repeatedly been disappointed in our judicial system; its' processes, delays, priorities and final outcomes I am nevertheless cautiously optimistic with what I heard today. I believe that this case is black and white and that is based upon MECAC public meetings as well as the two Financial Statements produced by Scott Hahn as well as the August 11, 2015 Forensic Audit produced by Froese Forensic Partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment