Saturday, May 24, 2014

CURRENT HOT BUTTON ISSUES AT CHEMTURA CANADA, ELMIRA, ONTARIO



There are just so many. My postings of Wednesday and Thursday this week touch on some of them. One piece of news is that the Chemtura Public Advisory Committee (CPAC) have hired a new Secretary as Corinne Shuh has departed. Lisa's qualifications are outstanding although nevertheless this committee's work has an incredible learning curve. Also Lisa through her interview with CPAC/SWAT last Tuesday probably already knows of the support and comraderie within the group; she may be in for a shock this Thursday. Don't get me wrong, CPAC especially consist of ladies and gentlemen who while perhaps shocked by past goings on and what they've learned first hand over the last three years plus; nevertheless always endeavour to avoid insulting or inflammatory comments. SWAT members Richard, Henry and I are somewhat more jaded and burned by past deceptions and misstatements and find it more difficult. That being said I am the "worst" offender and while age (I'll be 65 this year) has slowed me (new hip joint) what is it they say about old environmentalists? Something about the last thing that goes is their mouths???

This last couple of sentences should be relevant to the young M.O.E. "pups" who are presenting their Work Plan for yet more downstream monitoring in the Canagagigue Creek this summer. They are looking allegedly for confirmation of ridiculously high Dioxin and DDT readings in creek sediments and floodplain soils (allegedly). Here's the message. Yes you do have to be concerned about indirectly being "disrespected". That is essentially because your employer the Ontario Ministry of the Environment are corrupt. You will be judged by me upon your own work. If you present shoddy, unscientific and or poorly written and vague text you will be severely criticized and most appropriately so. You are supposed to be the professionals so act as such. Secondly I've asked the M.O.E. before. Send out your damn reports ahead of time so that CPAC/SWAT can ask intelligent questions from a position of some knowledge. Why waste everybody's time by having to come back in June to answer these questions that arise after CPAC/SWAT have familiarized themselves with your Workplan?

Back to the young "pups". I am going to assume that there was an honest failure in communications not concerning the word "disrespected" but concerning the word "intimidated". Go back to the first paragraph. I'm in my 65th year, have a new hip and any minimal hand to hand skills I once had in my 20's are long gone. Oh and yes I haven't brought my old pharts cane to a CPAC meeting in months. You should be more "intimidated" by the ladies present who are both mentally and physically tough; than by me. If you are perhaps intellectually "intimidated" by me then that's O.K. and I'm flattered. Otherwise piss off and leave any bullshit about physical security to the schools who are the real professionals when it comes to inventing factual fictions around physical security.

Have a nice day and we'll see everybody this Thursday at 6 pm..

VALUED READERS: Please check out the immediate Comment below. It is very relevant to my posting today.

1 comment:

  1. Well this could be embarassing! It is now 1:32 pm Sat. May 24/14. I have just finished downloading the M.O.E.'s 21 page "Proposed Study design for 2014". It was sent to me for the second time fifteen minutes ago. I am advised that the first time was two days ago but I never saw it then at all. My criticism of the M.O.E. stands on other matters but I apologize for taking them to task this time over allegedly not sending their Workplan ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete