Thursday, July 28, 2011

TWO ONGOING LOCAL ISSUES BACK IN THE NEWS

Today's Elmira Independent has an Opinion piece from Mike Hicknell in regards to the proposed Bio-En facility in Elmira. His focus seems to be on the use of Arthur and Church St. for the hauling of odourous materials into the proposed Bio-En facility. Mr. Hicknell also reminds the readers that they have until August 21/11 to post their comments on the Environmental Registry. I posted my comments several weeks back.


I received by mail today a letter from Woolwich Township advising me that Planning staff are presenting a recommendation report for discussion at Council on Tuesday August 9/11 7 pm. . This report dealing with the Hunder Gravel Pit Application can be picked up at the Council meeting or earlier by phoning the Township. I'm assuming I received this Notice due to my probably having filled in a request sheet located outside the Council Chambers months ago. The Hunder Pit, you may recall is the one between Conestoga and Winterbourne, just across the road from part of the Conestogo Golf Course subdivision.

No comments:

Post a Comment