Wednesday, January 8, 2020

HAS ELMIRA PUMP (Former Varnicolor Chemical site) RECEIVED THEIR RECORD OF SITE CONDITION YET?



Well I just went for an unsuccessful look on the Environmental Registry. Lots of stuff there but I couldn't find anything dealing with Elmira Pump, 84 Howard Avenue, Elmira, Ontario. This doesn't mean that the information isn't there, it just means that I couldn't find it if it is. A few minutes later and I've had a chat with a lady over in Guelph who deals with Records of Site Condition. She states that it is entirely a proponent driven process and that the ball is still in Elmira Pump's Court. In other words she claims that the holdup is at their end. Quite frankly I don't know wehat to think. This does not jive with what I've been told on occasion over nearly the last four years. Elmira Pump certainly at the public meeting in Woolwich Council Chambers in May 2016 were all keen on getting the process going and getting their completed Record of Site Condition because they were hoping to develop part of the property with above ground commercial storage areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment