Tuesday, November 13, 2018

DR. RICHARD (Dick) JACKSON WAS MAGNIFICENT



I am starting this post, despite the title above, with some compliments to the current Chair of TAG, Tiffany Svensson. She is a hydrogeologist in her own right and hence much more technically knowledgable in matters of groundwater than any UPAC or CPAC Chair before her with the exception of Dr. Jackson. That said I will agree that ALL the previous Chairs from Greg Pimento to Pat McLean and Dr. Dan Holt were very good Chairpersons. You may notice that I am not commenting on Todd Cowan's brief tenure as CPAC Chair. O.K. he wasn't so good at it. I can hardly believe I'm saying it but even Pat McLean ran a good meeting. It was everything she and her buddy were doing behind the public meetings that I objected to, such as their going along with DNAPL coverups.

Ms. Svensson is knowledgable and runs a good meeting. She has organized things and despite her lack of history and background has gotten up to speed quickly. More importantly as far as Sandy, Mark, Lanxess, MOE and GHD are concerned; she is prepared to proceed carefully and diplomatically. This may be because she is still getting up to speed on the historical past remediation failures as excruciatingly detailed by Dr. Jackson. For these details see my Oct. 22/18 posting here for just a partial listing. On the other hand it may simply be her style and nature. Dr. Jackson ran out of patience with the ongoing refusal of the MOE to step up and step in. Perhaps Ms. Svensson will as well. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment