Saturday, October 1, 2011

MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH IN PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT OF "OTHER SOURCES"

Last Thursday evening's numerous comments by Ron Campbell about the "other sources"of contamination to the Elmira drinking water aquifer mark a watershed because for the first time the media were present and heard them. On July 28/11 at CPAC both Ron C. and David Marks made similar comments however the editor for the only regularily attending newspaper (Elmira Independent) was on holidays out west. My writeup here in the Advocate for the July CPAC meeting was published on July 29/11 and did include Ron and David's remarks. Of interest to me is that my recollection is that the Minutes of the July CPAC meeting produced by the Township, which we received in late September, did NOT contain their astounding remarks. These Minutes I will later this weekend be rereading to confirm that my recollection is correct. If I am correct then again this is a major weakness in having Minutes of a meeting produced two months after the fact. But for my written notes and personal prior knowledge of these "other sources" I too might have forgotten their exclusion for longer than I did. All of the quotes from Ron Campbell at Thursday's meeting are reproduced in my posting about the CPAC meeting yesterday. For two years I brought this information, evidence and facts to the old CPAC and they refused to acknowledge it, discuss it or question it. What they did do was ignore it just like Chemtura and the M.O.E. did. This despite the fact that some of this information came from consultants to Chemtura. Clearly this knowledge was threatening to whatever accomodations were in effect between those parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment