Tuesday, May 5, 2020

A FULL DECADE OF SHARING MY EXPERIENCES WITH THE ENVIRONMENT, GOVERNMENT, BUREAUCRACIES, CLIENT DRIVEN CONSULTANTS , INDUSTRIAL POLLUTERS & WORSE



TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY

May 8, 2010. That was my first post here on the Elmira Advocate. I tended to focus entirely, as per the description at the top of my Blog, on "Advocating for citizens of Woolwich Township with regards to the environment, surface water, drinking water and contaminated industrial sites." Over the years my focus has stayed on Uniroyal/Crompton/Chemtura and now Lanxess Canada while also writing about numerous other local environmental issues. These would include contaminated gas stations, gravel pits, methane issues at Bolender Landfill, odour issues in Elmira, Woolwich Bio-En, asbestos and lead in both Elmira's and Kitchener-Waterloo's drinking water etc. Since last October I have also posted occasionally here regarding issues that I formerly kept on my Waterloo Region Advocate Blog. These would include the justice system, police, labour, politics, education and corruption in any and all of them.

I posted my book titled "Elmira Water Woes: The Triumph of Corruption, Deceit and Citizen Betrayal" on my Waterloo Region Advocate Blog. It is also posted in its' entirety on the Cambridge Advocate Website. I decided one to cut back on writing two separate Blogs and I decided to leave my Waterloo Region Advocate Blog with the focus of the last two months (April-May 2019) on my book.

Environmentally I have also expanded the scope of my Elmira Advocate Blog to include provincial and sometimes national environmental issues. These would include the scandal of mercury poisoning at Grassy Narrows, environmental threats from derailed trains carrying crude oil, very slight coverage of pipeline issues in Alberta and B.C. and more. Of late after a few weeks of writing about the Region of Waterloo Annual (Water) Reports for Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, and the four Townships I have been focusing on some absolutely ridiculous and horrible pollution in Guelph including Chemtura Canada, IMICO, potentially Hart/Huntsman, plus multiple leaking landfills in and around the Speed and Eramosa Rivers as well as beside residential homes close to York and Victoria Rds. in Guelph.

I also have focused on local governance here in Woolwich Township. It is truly awful. Combined with the corruption/deceit of MECAC (municipal election compliance audit committee) was the corruption/deceit of our local (Kitchener) judicial system in refusing to enforce the Municipal Elections Act.

What have I learned? In a nutshell I quote from a T-shirt worn to public meetings by environmentalist and activist Pat Potter. It goes like this:

"THEY ALL LIE".

No comments:

Post a Comment