Wednesday, August 31, 2016

BACK TO PROVINCIAL OFFENCES COURT




Today in Courtroom #101 we had a grand total of three Woolwich residents present including myself. Scott Hahn had a lawyer present who managed to mumble his name although one of my colleagues thinks that she recognized him. Oops we had a reporter from the woolwich Observer present and perhaps she might be a fourth Woolwich resident.

There weren't too many surprises as we have an Adjournment to Monday September 26/16 at 9 am. in the same courtroom. Crown prosecuter Alex Andres was professional and courteous as usual and we had a brief discussion both prior to and after the court appearance. I do know that many weeks ago when I filed my Affidavit of Service at the Provincial Offences Court the lady asked if I had a copy of the Information (charges) and the Summons (to Scott). Indeed I did and while she didn't need them herself immediately she did mention that they hadn't gotten to Provincial Offences Court yet.

Today therefore unless I misunderstood, it seemed as if possibly there had been a communications breakdown between Superior Court (Intake Court?) and Provincial Offences Court. Yes the Crown, Mr. Andres, was aware that Mr. Hahn had been charged under the Municipal Elections Act (MEA) but it appeared as if he hadn't received all the necessary and relevant information. I did have additional copies of documents with me and so provided. Mr. Andres gave me his card again and hence I likely will be e-mailing him further relevant documentation.

Quite frankly I believe this process should be a slam dunk based upon the evidence including the $12,000 Forensic Audit paid for by Woolwich Township. That said I was hardly impressed or amused with the behaviour of the out of town Prosecuter, Mr. Fraser Kelly in the Sandy Shantz case. I still believe I was set up and a detective was present for my interview with Mr. Kelly to see if they could charge me with an offence due to my having my own copy of a taperecorded MECAC meeting (Municipal Elections Compliance Audit Committee). That was disgusting and contemptible behaviour. Keep in mind the MECAC meeting was a public meeting, in Council Chambers and already being recorded by the Township.

No comments:

Post a Comment