Wednesday, March 23, 2016

SHAMEFUL IT BEGAN & SHAMEFUL IT ENDS



Well I wanted to know if the Municipal Election Act (MEA) was for real. Good news politicians and wannabees, it isn't. The Crown Prosecuter indicated in court this morning that indeed mayor Shantz had contravened the MEA in relation to my charges #4,5,& 8 (of 10) but it wasn't in the public interest to prosecute her. Hmm does that also mean it wasn't in the public interest to make them legal contraventions under the MEA in the first place?

The Crown also stated that several of my charges were not laid properly in the first place. Really? It took two different prosecuters and one Justice of the Peace over six months to get around to telling me that this morning in court? Back in late September the Justice of the Peace at Superior Court read through each and every charge with me and examined the MEA along with me. He felt that they were acceptable charges and he endorsed and signed every one of them. Now today a bunch of them aren't legal charges? This is a sham and a mockery of justice. Something like the MEA itself.

I followed the procedure laid out in the Municipal Elections Act 1996 and most of that was through the judicial system down in Kitchener, both Superior Court and Provincial Offences Court. I have to believe that the MEA was passed by the provincial government simply for appearances sake, not to actually enforce election act laws. The judicial system failed from start to finish. It was slow, awkward, time consuming and user unfriendly throughout. I am quite confident however that a donation of say $50,000 to one or more lawyers would have smoothed out many of the bumps and hurdles although I expect the final result would have been the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment