Wednesday, December 2, 2015

MAYOR SHANTZ BACK IN COURT JANUARY 6/16 9 am..



Yesterday I indicated that I viewed this morning's 9 am. court date to be a sort of acid test. While all parties including the Crown and Ms. Shantz's lawyer agreed to a January 6/16 adjournment, the judge then specifically asked myself if that date suited me. As I had previously indicated my willingness to the Crown, I stood up and so advised the Judge that it was. I will also state that despite the rocky start to this whole process through Intake Court? (at Superior Court) that I am slowly gaining confidence in the process. I am seeing very busy professionals setting aside the time and thought necessary to make informed decisions. I understand that the Crown currently has carriage of this file and that they, after due deliberation, can make decisions that I might not be pleased with. If that occurs then I will see what options if any I may have at that time. In the meantime I simply cooperate with reasonable requests that are made to me.

Both the Waterloo Region Record and CKCO-TV were present this morning at Provincial Court. It is possible that the week long trial to date of Todd Cowan has whetted the public's appetite to see accountability of local politicians. Today's record has an article written by Paige Desmond titled "Election compliance committee cost $53,000". Mayor Shantz has stated that "the mistake wasn't as big as the cost". Wow she is still trying to minimize. It's not one mistake Sandy. It's a whole slew of them and until proven one way or the other I prefer to refer to them as contraventions of the Act (MEA) versus "mistakes". Paige also goes into some detail regarding all the contraventions of Councillor Scot Hahn as well.

Last evening's CKCO-TV newscast was a barnburner. Is it just me or did the three side by side pictures of Shantz, Hahn and Councillor Bauman, with the costs of each on the bottom of their pictures look an awful lot like the wanted posters of old? You know the ones... Dead Eye Dick wanted for cattle theft ..$10,000 reward. That sort of thing. Anyways they were pretty funny whether or not that is what CKCO-TV intended or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment