Wednesday, March 18, 2015

STATE A LIE THEN REPEAT EVERY DAY FOR A MONTH



That is the prescription for a politician trying to get their own way, inappropriately. By the way I love what a hypocrite Councillor Mark Bauman is. In one breath he tells CPAC in Working Session meetings of CPAC that "he isn't into the blame game" and then he turns around and helps lead the charge of blaming CPAC for the Chemtura/M.O.E. boycott.

Yesterday I posted here that except for his comment about personal attacks at meetings that were inappropriate; the rest of the article wasn't too bad. That said I've noticed something bizarre. The original title of the Record article was ""Dysfunction" on Elmira committee". That "dysfunction" was then defined by Councillor Bauman as people not talking because they weren't attending. Then later in the day, on-line, and presumably in the later edition of the paper the title had changed to ""Dysfunction" paralyzing Elmira cleanup committee: councillor". That headline is a blatant lie. Yes it's more difficult but CPAC are not remotely paralysed. CPAC have been attending and working on business consistently. Chemtura and the M.O.E. are the ones who have buggered off.

Mark Bauman's comment is either a blatant lie ("personal attacks") or it is a subtle attempt at blaming CPAC for personal attacks. CPAC have done no such thing and anyone, including Mayor Shantz, who says otherwise is a liar. While CPAC have always behaved professionally I have certainly publicly stated that both Chemtura and the Ontario M.O.E. are corrupt. Even that however is not a personal attack. I have never at a CPAC meeting stated for example that Jeff Merriman or Dwighte Este are f...... liars. Nor have I said the same thing about specific, identifiable M.O.E. personnel. Many times I've called them on their dishonest, misleading answers. Again however I am not CPAC and I get called to the carpet immediately by Chair Dr. Dan Holt if I cross the line. At the last CPAC meeting in late February I used the word "shit" and Dr. Dan immediately stopped me until I promised not to repeat the word.

Sandy & Mark's game plan is to state the lie and then keep repeating it publicly and privately. They have drunk deeply of the Kool-Aid being poured by Chemtura and the M.O.E.. Neither has the courage or honesty to tell the public that they are firmly in bed with the destroyer of Elmira's drinking water.

No comments:

Post a Comment