Wednesday, March 25, 2015

LAST EVENING'S WOOLWICH COUNCIL MEETING



O.K. first off an admission. I'd been out to the Woolwich Township Building for a public meeting the previous night regarding the Chemtura Public Advisory Committee. Hence after I presented my Delegation to Council I bailed out. Now a friend from CPAC who attended last evening gave me a call later on advising me to do some digging deeper into the Agenda and Council package which I did. It turns out that Woolwich Staff expressed some concerns with drinking water quality in West Montrose and possibly Conestogo and or Maryhill. They have a right to be so concerned.

I also received a phone call this morning from a Woolwich citizen concerned with issues in both Breslau and Conestogo. Apparently last evening Council exercised their discretion by refusing a Delegation who had not pre-registered for last evening's meeting. My understanding is that usually Council are quite flexible on these matters but last night chose not to hear from this resident regarding concerns about the development plans (school) in Breslau.

Back to my Delegation. I gave everybody a brief rundown about tomorrow night's 9 pm. CBC "Doc Zone" television show. I warned them that their will be at least a brief few seconds of photos of children born with birth defects courtesy of Agent Orange, Uniroyal Chemical and other manufacturers. I also advised that I will be a small part of that Documentary.

I also gave a rundown on the subverted Delphi Technique which is a method of manipulating groups of mostly uninformed people in order to come to predetermined outcomes. This is the primary purpose of Mayor Shantz's alleged "stakeholders" meeting scheduled for April 9, 2015.

Lastly getting back to the drinking water concerns in the Townships especially West Montrose. I presented documentation and concerns to Councillors Bauman and Bonnie Bryant a full year ago or more. Now suddenly Woolwich Staff are going to be presenting to Council in April their report dealing with my concerns and the Region of Waterloo and Ministry of Environment's responses a year later. I find this strange and sent off an e-mail this morning to Councillor Bauman and CAO David Brenneman asking if I was going to be informed about this ahead of time, or not.

1 comment:

  1. Under the Municipal Act, can the Council strike a delegation? It is up to the Chair (which seems to be Murray Martin always and I question the tactic as could indicate he doesn't want to answer questions form delegates), and the Chair can easily say to the delegate at hand," give your question through the chair to council to make a motion to allow the two delegates their questions". It's as simple as that. Instead the delegates got a flat no, may not speak as didn't register...really? People who drive all the way from Breslau to speak should be given some consideration. Considering the reponses of Mayor Shantz when questioned at the Public meeting in Breslau due to unhappy residents, now is sending a task force to divide and conqueror and talk the residents into selling the parkland. The bottom line is always about money and Mayor Shantz wants to see the land "sold". In following the Municipal Act, one public meeting is allowed. When other villages in the past "Maryhill" asked for another Public meeting, it was clearly stated at council...is not in the Municipal Act therefore we will not allow anymore input from the Public. The question is, Are these task force council members allowed to seek more Public input. Last Februray's Public Input meeting was very clear to Council and the School Board......They don't want it in their park. Many of the Public did notice Murray Martin was not sitting with the rest of the Councillors during the Public Input....

    ReplyDelete