Saturday, March 7, 2015

HAD ENOUGH TIME TO REFLECT WOOLWICH COUNCIL?



Fair enough it is early Saturday morning however I am already noticing on-line activity from some SWAT and two CPAC members. First off nice Deflection there Patrick. My two page letter last evening to Council was titled "Both the Appearance and Reality of a Conflict of Interest". It gave specific times and incidents in which two past CPAC members were the beneficiaries of food, travel, accomodation and income as a direct result of their so called volunteer activism on behalf of Woolwich Township. I emphasized how appearances were just as important (or more) as the reality when it comes to conflicts of interest. Your one page response was somewhat schizophrenic as you flipped from praising me to condemning and or criticizing me and CPAC. You neatly avoided discussing the years long glaring conflicts of interest that past Woolwich Councils embraced to ensure the status quo (and Chemtura) remained.

I have a little confession here. I have been poking and prodding in order to draw out the attitudes of Woolwich Council. My main hope lay with Patrick Merlihan, Scott Hahn and Larry Shantz. That hope is fading although to date not from any comments by Larry. Fading but not totally gone yet. Therefore I hope that even the three former Councillors all with a history of supporting Chemtura in the crunch will take note that their two former CPAC friends are no longer tenable candidates. Pat and Susan, even in the very best light possible, can be seen by the average person as having comprimised their claims to be solely representing the public interest. Those who have strongly supported or advocated in either Pat or Susan's favour need to step back. The cat is out of the bag and further support either way will be counter productive.

Woolwich Council are hiding behind make me believe consultation with make believe "stakeholders". Tell me Sandy and Mark do you think I have learned nothing from watching the political machinations by Woolwich Councilors over the last twenty-five years? Yes I absolutely was naive back in 1990. I took everyone at face value. I got lied to, bullshitted, lied about and libelled and slandered in both low and high places. Patrick your e-mail late last night is a revelation. Call me paranoid??? Can you possibly as a co-owner of a paper which routinely exposes corruption at the municipal, provincial, federal and international level actually be so naive? That corruption allegedly includes Woolwich's last Mayor and while I have no use for liars in general, Todd Cowan is not the exception in Woolwich politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment