Tuesday, March 10, 2015

AWAITING THE INDEPENDENT & OBSERVER WRITEUPS



I am awaiting this week's Elmira Independent and Woolwich Observer's editions to come out on Thursday and Friday respectively. Both papers did not write up three Delegations which took place at last Tuesday's March 3 Committee of the Whole 6 pm. meeting. These Delegations were from Dr. Henry Regier, Lisa Macdonald and myself. Considering the significance of all three Delegations I would be quite surprised if they were not covered in each paper this week.

Dr. Regier's (Henry) paper as well as mine were in regard to local, long standing environmental problems. Henry's focused somewhat on the bigger picture of the Grand River valley and basin whereas mine was focused on Chemtura and the Canagagigue Creek . I also commented on the ongoing gamesmanship by Chemtura, the Ontario M.O.E. and their fellow travellors on Woolich Council. Mark Bauman did some minor complaining after my Delegation regarding the definition of "favours" which I stated Chemtura had called in from recently re-elected Councillors.

Lisa MacDonald's Delegation was extremely interesting and as I indicated earlier focused on returning Councillor Murray Martin. While clearly not of the Pamela Wallin/Mike Duffy category nevertheless I await further developments. I would further suggest that Councillor Martin's alleged impropriety's are not of the Todd Cowan variety either. I'm trying to be careful here because truth be told while I think I understand the allegations I personally have not seen the evidence nor necessarily would I immediately understand it if it was available to me.

There should also be an excellent letter To The Editor in this week's Elmira Independent. I have read it and found it to be extraordinarily clear and accurate and should set a few things straight. Woolwich Council and Mayor Shantz, it's time to give your heads a serious shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment