Friday, October 24, 2014

HONEST CRITICISM VERSUS YELLOW JOURNALISM



In a moment I will be quoting with permission a highly competent friend and colleague's remarks concerning one Wilf Ruland. They are partly in response to Wilf Ruland's behaviour both seven years ago and recently. Yellow journalism is of the kind practiced by those who hide behind third parties to do their dirty work. It includes manipulating others to badmouth persons you view as either rivals or opponents. From the safety and anonimity of not putting your words in writing you can smear others. That is what Bob Burtt's book is all about. The driving force is listed as a major contributer in his book while not being quoted regarding myself. She gets others such as Wilf, Bill Bardswick and Todd Cowan to do her dirty work. Wilf in particular has an axe to grind as he lost his position as a technical consultant to CPAC when the old CPAC were replaced in their entirety by the new Council in 2011. Wilf was hired specifically by Susan Bryant and Pat McLean. Susan hired him originally on behalf of APTE and then Pat hired him on behalf of the old CPAC. I stand behind my words in the Elmira Advocate as well as these following words by Dr. Henry Regier. Henry resigned from APTE in 2005 and joined the Elmira EH-Team. He has many years experience on CPAC and has dealt with Wilf Ruland during that time.


from Henry in an e-mail to myself:

"With respect to Wilf and his comments in Bob Burtt's book, there has never been a university course on the detailed hydrogeology as related to transport of many kinds of chemicals specifically under our Elmira site. No professor has ever assembled the necessary information to offer such a course. If Wilf has not spent endless hours in careful study of endless reports, regardless of academic credentials, he can't match your competence with respect to particular issues that you have raised. And I saw no evidence in numerous meetings witrh him over the years that he had spent much time on such study. His intuitive talents apparently were focused elsewhere..."

A final comment: Incredibly and unbelieveably Bob Burtt's book implies that my blaming Pat and Susan for my departure from CPAC in 2008 is misplaced. Wow talk about rewriting history if that's what Bob has been told by that pair. The entire old CPAC know that is the truth as does the entire old Woolwich Council including Sandy Shantz who is running for Mayor. Pat and Susan first pressured me to resign from CPAC ostensibly over my appealing the Ammonia Treatment Certificate of Approval and when I refused they lobbied the old CPAC first via a meeting to which this voting CPAC member wasn't informed of or invited to. Then when it got to Woolwich Council's attention, private meetings were held including myself and PAT & SUSAN speaking against me. Such a pair of liars!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alan, I'm a friend of Bob Jonkma and Laurel. I need to connect with you. Having water issues here in Hamilton. re: Arsenic and someone you've opposed will be speaking. I want to save our spring. please will you call me. 647-701-5438 thank you - please delete this I hope it doesn't go public. Erin Davis - Green party of Canada
    candidate 2015

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alan, I'm a friend of Bob Jonkma and Laurel. I need to connect with you. Having water issues here in Hamilton. re: Arsenic and someone you've opposed will be speaking. I want to save our spring. please will you call me. 647-701-5438 thank you - please delete this I hope it doesn't go public. Erin Davis - Green party of Canada
    candidate 2015

    ReplyDelete