Friday, August 9, 2013

CPAC CHAIRMAN "VERY DISAPPOINTED" WITH WOOLWICH COUNCIL'S DECISION



Ignorance, bias (pro Chemtura) and pettiness were on full display at last Tuesday's meeting in council chambers. The title of Steve Kannon's story is "Council denies bid to return Al Marshall to CPAC". CPAC Chair Dr. Dan Holt had this to say "Alan brings a whole lot to the table in terms of his expertise and his knowledge of the history.". "CPAC endorses and stands behind Al. We were very disappointed with that decision- council did not honour our decision and wishes.". Even mayor Cowan was on board with my being reinstated to CPAC as he stated "We need to respect the wishes of CPAC. I'm going to take their recommendation.".

Yours truly was also quoted in the Observer article as follows "Basically CPAC members have gotten to know me, both in private and in public. They've seen me in action. They've seen me prick the balloon when Chemtura, CRA (Conestoga Rovers) or the ministry (M.O.E.) are misleading CPAC." Finally I was quoted as saying "I feel the process was a win-win for me. I was nominated by CPAC- I am totally pleased and feel vindicated.".

4 comments:

  1. Lets call a "BS" time out on these series of posts. Facts: 1) CPAC has no authority; 2)you were kicked off of the committee twice; 3) Todd Cowan's history of judgement is pathetic and public disgrace to the Township; 4)Bullies have no place on a commitee of Council. End of Story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite the end of story. Firstly yes I "bully" a multinational, multi billion dollar corporation (Chemtura) who have destroyed our drinking water and won't take responsibility for a proper cleanup. Secondly at the moment I'm not here to defend Todd Cowan from anonymous attacks. Thirdly I've been kicked off twice and once was via your behind my back cowardly attack. Fourthly you've been posting here anonymously venting your anger at Todd Cowan since the last election when you and your friends (Susan & Pat) all got the boot from CPAC. Ron O. you are both a bully and a coward. Try using your name next time you gutless wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan, it is so disappointing to see ridiculous anonymous posts by people who don't have a clue what you are doing for communities and the environment. Narrow minded cowards who can't even produce a name to their claims. You are an environmental advocate and a hero in the eyes of many in my community! Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Kimberley and I'll try my best.

    ReplyDelete